Complete Guide to Fix “Outlook Crashes When Opening Email”
Do you want to open an important email but Outlook crashes when opening email? This incident is so common among Outlook users that the forums are full of user queries that demand the resolution of this problem. If you are also searching for the solution to same problem, this is the right blog for you. Here, users will know the instant solutions to fix Outlook crashing problem that occurs while opening certain email.
Outlook Crashes while Opening An Email: Solutions
Now, users will learn the techniques with full guide that can fix this problem.
1. Disabling Anti-virus Software
Antivirus is vital for your computer but is often causes trouble for the emails with attachment. Due to which Outlook 2016 crashes while opening an email and causes inconvenience.
The only way fix this problem is to disable the antivirus and its email security functions. If the problem continues to appear, users should uninstall the antivirus. Once the issue is resolved, users can search for alternatives from the ample number of antivirus tools available there in the market.
2. Update Outlook Version
Outdated applications are often the source of common bugs and errors. In that case, updating Outlook to its latest version will turn out to be useful. Usually, Outlook upgrades take place automatically when the system is connected to Internet. But, users can do that manually through their MS Office profile.
3. Disable Outlook Add-ons
Outlook add-ons can have conflict issue with some emails and thus Outlook crashes when opening email. To disable the add-ons, users can open the application in Safe Mode.
Close Outlook and go to Start Menu Search box. There, type outlook.exe /safe and press Enter. Now, Outlook will start in safe mode all the add-ons being disabled. Go to Outlook Inbox and delete the emails that are causing this crashing Outlook problem.
Restart Outlook and users will be able to continue with their usual work. If the problem still persists, then the PST file is having corruption issues.
Expert Recommended Solution to Fix Outlook Crashes When Opening Email
As PST file corruption is often the main cause of this problem, users can remove the damaged and corrupted sectors by using PST Recovery Tool. This application can fix any level of corruption that PST file may encounter. Also, it can process any size or type of PST file.
Note: If there are minor corruptions in PST file, csanpst.exe can fix them. But this tool is unable to fix the severe corruptions of Outlook data file. Hence, it is wise to choose this sureshot solution rather than wasting your precious time after scanpst.exe.
Users can run this tool by following these steps:
1. Launch the tool and click on Add File to search or select PST files.
3. Choose Advance Scan option to remove severe PST corruption.
4. Preview if all items are recovered in healthy condition.
5. Choose PST as output file type and click on Export button.
In this way, users can get rid of “Outlook crashes when opening email” issue in no time.
Why This Software is the Best Tool for PST File Corruption Removal
These are some of the reasons why users must choose this application to fix Outlook crashes while opening an email.
- The first reason behind the supremacy of this tool is its ability to fix any type of PST file corruption. Whether there are minor damages or high-level corruption, all can be fixed quickly with this tool.
- This software does not have any file size limitations for PST file. Whether the size is 2 GB or 50GB, the software can fix its corruption. It also supports ANSI and Unicode PST files.
- This virus-free software guarantees 0% data loss during recovery and does not store any personal data of the users. Therefore, users can remain sure of their privacy.
- Besides recovering emails, the program also recovers contacts, calendar, notes, journals and tasks items of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and all other versions
For an Outlook user, it is really inconvenient if Outlook crashes when opening email. To fix the issues, this blog suggested a number of reliable approaches that really works. If the manual solutions are not able to resolve the problem, users must go for the suggested tool.