How to Export OLM to Office 365 in 2 Easy Steps?
Summary: Looking for methods to export OLM to Office 365? Your search ends here because, in this blog, we are going to provide an ultimate solution covering all of your queries.
Cloud migration is the most preferred data storage option available to users. It is available to all businesses and small-scale users at a minimal cost. Even when you are using the popular email client Outlook for Mac, the chances of its data getting corrupted is never zero. The best reason for exporting OLM to Office 365 is the freedom to access your data from anywhere.
When you are using the desktop version of any application, at times, it becomes inconvenient for you to access its data. Therefore, it is much more feasible to migrate the files from Mac Outlook to a cloud-based platform like Office 365. The Outlook for Mac produces an OLM file that is capable of storing all of the data items such as contacts, calendars, emails, notes, tasks. Since it is limited to only a few applications, most of the platforms cannot access its data including Office 365. So, in this article, we are going to solve all of your queries related to this migration.
Manual Method to Export OLM to Office 365?
Before you begin this method, you must know that is time-consuming and quite complex. It is suggested that you must take the backup of your OLM files before you start working with them.
#1 Set Up an IMAP Account in Gmail & Configure it with Outlook
You need to have a Gmail account to proceed.
- First, log in to your Gmail account & navigate to Settings.
- Here, click on ‘export OLM to Office 365’ tab. Under the ‘IMAP Access’, choose the ‘Enable IMAP’ option.
- Then, click on the ‘Save’ button to set up your IMAP account.
Now, we will learn how you can configure this IMAP account in Mac Outlook.
- Launch your application and go to Tools and choose Accounts.
- Here, click on the ‘+sign’ account to add the IMAP account we previously created.
- Provide Gmail IMAP account information including your username & password.
- Incoming server – imap.gmail.com
- Outlook server – smtp.gmail.com
- SSL Connection – Check this option
- Click on the Add Account option & this will complete the first step.
#2 Create Gmail Label to Sync Mac Outlook with an IMAP account
- Open your Gmail account and go to Settings & select Label.
- Click on ‘Create New Label’. Enter a name & other information, then click on OK.
- In Outlook for Mac, choose the ‘Send/Receive’ option to begin the process.
#3 Configure Gmail IMAP in Outlook & Export to Office 365
This is the last step and it will export OLM files to Office 365. Here, you only have to configure the IMAP account in Outlook using its Account Settings feature. Once it configures, you will have all of the data available in Outlook in PST format. You can easily configure the Office 365 account in Outlook to further move it to Office 365.
The manual method is difficult to execute and requires you to have too strong technical knowledge. If you do any of the steps wrong, you may end up damaging your source file and its data that can cost you quite a lot. To avoid any disaster from happening, you can use another method discussed below.
Automatically Exporting OLM to Office 365 Account
There is not success guarantee of the manual method we discussed earlier. It may turn out to be an utter waste of time without producing any useful results. The best way to go about this problem is to use the OLM to PST converter tool that is specifically built for migration of the OLM file to Office 365 and eight other formats.
Here are some noteworthy features of this tool:
- Export multiple OLM files to Office 365 in a single attempt.
- Can export emails, calendars, contacts, tasks to Office 365 account.
- Capable of exporting single/individual users using the Admin account.
- Maintains the folder hierarchy the same as the source file.
- Supports all Windows OS versions & does not require the installation of Outlook.
- Capable of exporting OLM to Office 365 and eight other file formats.
- Option to preview the data of the OLM files in various view modes.
- Can export selective data from the source OLM files to O365.
Steps to Import OLM to Office 365 Using OLM Exporter are;
Step 1. Install the software on your device and add the OLM file(s) or folder to proceed further.
Step 2. Preview of complete OLM file data in various view modes and select the files you wish to export.
Step 3. Now, select Office 365 from the multiple export options.
Step 4. Enter Destination Mailbox with Impersonation and click on Advance Settings.
Step 5. Check the box saying user impersonation and provide Admin SMTP and password.
Step 6. Click Next and then click on the Export button to start the process.
You now have an option to apply for User Impersonation or work without it. If you apply for User Impersonation, you have to enter the Admin credentials in the Advanced Settings. Using this option, you do not have to enter passwords for all of the accounts under the domain.
If you choose to proceed without applying User Impersonation, you will have to manually enter the passwords all of the passwords under the same domain. You can also enter these details using a CSV file. Lastly, click on the ‘Export’ option to begin the migration process.
Time to Conclude
In this article, we have explained the best ways to export OLM to Office 365 in detail. Since the manual method comes with a long list of complications, we highly recommend using the automatic method instead. This tool is enriched with several advanced features making it much easier for you to execute the process in a safe environment with all your data intact.