Export Lotus Notes Emails to PST | A Comprehensive Guide
Want to move all your Lotus Notes Database to PST? But you are stuck in an export process and searching for a method to do so? Then you are on the right page. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss the perfect way to export Lotus Notes emails to PST for free. We will also illustrate to you an automated way to complete this task. So stick with this blog to know both methods.
Just like you, there are many users who want to export their emails to Outlook. Now, if you ask for the reason then some of the reasons are mentioned below:
Reason Why Users Export Lotus Notes Emails to PST
- Outlook offers the option to add or enable multiple accounts at the same time. But this option is not available Lotus.
- IBM Notes has one very annoying issue and that is its UI, the user interface is very complex. On the other hand, Outlook has a very simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- Lotus Notes has high maintenance charge. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook requires less maintenance cost and
- One of the biggest advantages of Outlook is that it offers the feature of offline mode to access the data Offline mode.
Major Complications that Arise in this Conversion
Well, we know that Lotus Notes and Outlook both email clients use different file formats to store their data. Lotus Notes store its data NSF file format and on the other hand Outlook use PST to store its data. Now, thing is that NSF is a very secure file format and it is only supported by Lotus Notes and also HCL Notes does not provide an option that converts its file to PST. Hence, the users of Lotus Notes are not able to complete this task.
How to Export Lotus Notes Emails to PST?
Well, here in this section we are going to discuss the free method to export database to Outlook without converting them to PST. So if you are seeking the conversion technique, then go through this section.
In the manual process, users have followed two steps. In the first step, users have to export the Lotus Notes NSF to CSV format. And in the second step, you have to import the exported CSV to Outlook.
#Step 1: Export Emails to CSV Format
- First, open your Lotus Notes application on the system
- After that, click on the File option, and then click on the Export option
- Now, choose the destination location to save your CSV file
- From Save as type option choose (Comma Separated Value).
- Click on the Save button
#Step 2: Import Converted NSF File to Outlook
- Open Outlook program
- Click on the File option from the top menu bar
- Now, select the Open & Export option
- After that, choose the Import/Export option
- From Import and Export Wizard choose Import from another program or file option, and click on the Next button
- Now, from Import a File box select the Comma Separated Values option and click on the Next button
- Browse the resultant CSV file and select Finish when the import process gets completed.
Limitation of the Manual Method
- The manual process is time-consuming and also not capable to export multiple database at once.
- Non-technical users will need expert assistance to complete the task.
- It is not a direct solution, but a workaround
- CSV is not meant to store emails, thus, email properties change when moving to PST
Also Read: Methods to Export Lotus Notes Emails to PDF
Best Solution to Export Lotus Notes Emails to PST
Well, we see that the manual method has its own set of limitations. And also if you need to export the Lotus Notes mailbox to PST, then here in this section we are going to introduce you to the best and easiest way to do so.
NSF to PST Converter is one of its kind, this tool gives you the direct option to export emails to PST format. In fact, this tool also converts Lotus Notes emails, contacts, calendar, contacts to PST. Along with amazing conversion functionality, this tool also provides numerous advantages over other software.
Step to Export Lotus Notes Mailbox to PST
1. First, download and install the tool on your system
2. Once installation is completed open the software and browse the Lotus Notes .nsf files to add into the software.
3. Now, select the Categories option that you want to export to PST.
4. After that, select the Destination location and click on the Export button to start the process of export Lotus Notes emails to PST.
Advance Features of the Tool
- This tool is capable to export multiple Emails, Calendars, Tasks, Notes, Journals, and Contacts to PST
- Option to add data file directly from the domino server just user have to enter IP address and password.
- Capable to maintains emails Internet Header, HTML Formatting, and Doclinks
- Facilitated option to convert Canonical Name into simple SMTP format.
- Allows you to open NSF files in Outlook.
- Compatible with Lotus Notes 9.0 versions.
Export Lotus Notes emails to PST is a very common query among Lotus Notes users. But due to file compatibility or no direct option users are not able to do this task. So, here in this blog, we have discussed two approaches to complete the task. Now, it is up to you to choose the right method for you.