How to Export Lotus Notes Email to PDF File?
The first question we ask when we hear the name of Lotus Notes is, “Is that still around?” If yes, then, what are the ways to export Lotus Notes email to PDF?
Lotus Notes originally developed by Lotus Development Corporation in the year 1989, earlier, it has been sold twice and is now bought and managed by HCL (currently known as HCL Notes and HCL Domino).
There is a reason why people even after so many years still prefer Lotus Notes as there is no other business product that can furnish its users with such a high level of data protection. What can be provided by an army of Microsoft servers, can with no effort be provided by a single HCL Domino server. Don’t you agree?
The file format in which Lotus Notes saves your emails is NSF. There is no other email client or webmail that stores the data in this format. There is a reason why any company chooses .nsf as its file format. It cannot be accessed by anyone. The only way to view these files is by converting them. This is the reason why it is the first choice of our Government Organizations and Corporations.
Also Read : Cannot Open Lotus Notes NSF File
What are the Reasons for Export Lotus Notes Email to PDF?
Since the .nsf file format doesn’t let you view their files directly, it becomes necessary to convert these files to review their content. Out of the various file formats available, you must want to convert your data into PDF. We are very well aware of the reasons why people choose PDF. Like, universal access, the ability to be printed easily and, etc.
In this write-up, we will be discussing the different ways to export Lotus Notes email to PDF. Let us now understand how Lotus Notes emails can be converted to PDF.
Multiple Approaches to Convert Lotus Notes Email to PDF
Multiple approaches you can use to convert lotus notes email to PDF. The two of them are:-
1. Manual and Free Method to Export Lotus Notes Email to PDF
The main motive behind having .nsf files is to keep the data highly secure of whichever organization was using it. But by using the manual method you will face some problems –
• All your data is available on the web, as a result, it will make your data highly insecure.
• By using the manual method, you can export only one email at a time to PDF. Thus, you will have to repeat the process again and again for each email.
• You are required to have a configured Outlook program installed on your machine.
Ways to Use Manual Method to Convert Lotus Notes Email
Follow the steps given below to use the method-
1. First, open the Lotus Notes software on your PC.
2. Now, select the email that you need to convert to a PDF file. Then, drag it to your desktop.
3. An EML file will be created from the emails that you had dragged.
4. Now, open the saved emails in MS Outlook, click on ‘File’ and then select the ‘Save As’ option.
5. After that, choose HTML as the type of email to save.
6. Now, open the email in MS Word.
7. Once it has been saved in HTML. Then, navigate to the File menu and hit the Save As option.
8. Finally, select a location for the emails to be saved, and then select PDF from the ‘Save as Type menu.
2. Expert-Recommended Tool to Export Lotus Notes Email to PDF
If you want to view your .nsf data with ease if you don’t want to compromise on the contents of your files. If these are your preferences, then using skilled software is the perfect option for you.
NSF Converter Tool is state-of-the-art software that can export all the emails, contacts, calendars and, etc. that are in .nsf file format to PDF.
You can download the application from the button given below –
Few Specialities of Utility to Convert Lotus Notes Email to PDF
There are many specialities of this application but we are listing a few of them below-
1. Through this tool, you will be able to export multiple Lotus Notes email data to HTML format.
2. Similarly, it maintains the folder hierarchy during the NSF to EML/MSG/MBOX file conversion that you have made before the conversion.
3. By using the utility, you will be able to convert Domino mailbox to Domino server.
4. In addition, this application provides multiple advance filters options during NSF conversion such as HTML formatting and internet header, Doclinks and, etc.
5. During the conversion process, there is an in-built option to apply a date filter for the selective conversion of the NSF files into EML, MSG, and MBOX file formats.
6. In fact, through this tool, you can export NSF files of any size. There is no size limitation.
7. With the help of this application, you can easily convert the tasks and their associated data such as attachments and other data into different file formats like PDF, MSG, HTML, CSV, TXT.
How to Use the Application to Export Lotus Notes Email to PDF?
Download and Install the software on your computer and follow the below-mentioned steps to know the use of the tool-
1. First, click on the Add File(s) or Add Folder to add the NSF files that you want to export to PDF
2. This tool also gives an option to add an NSF file directly from Domino Mailbox by entering your Domino Server credentials. After that, hit the Next button to proceed further
3. Now, select the file format. Here, PDF format. From the ‘Select Categories’ tab, select the data that you want to export. After that, apply ‘Date Filter’ according to your preferences
5. Afterwards, apply advance settings accordingly and browse the destination of the conversion file. At last, hit the Export button to start the process.
Exporting Lotus Notes to PDF is not a will, but a necessity. You can not view the .nsf files directly and therefore, it becomes the need to convert the file into some other file format. The file format that is most preferred by users is PDF, because of the many amazing functions it provides. But, the question remains, how can you do it? You can done manually but there are chances of data loss, therefore, it is not recommended. Hence, you need a reliable and secure solution to export Lotus Notes email to PDF by using the Software mentioned above.