How can I Combine MSG Files to PST Format – 5 Easy Steps
Are you afraid of combining MSG files with PST? Do you want to find an appropriate solution to solve this problem? If it is like this, then you have found the correct place to eliminate all your queries. Here, you will learn about all possible methods to export MSG files to PST format. Follow us patiently!
Here, I will introduce the process to combine MSG files to PST file format step by step. We have concluded both the manual (free) as well as a professional method to combine files from MSG to PST format.
Introduction to MSG and PST Formats
Today, MS Outlook is the first choice for users as their email clients. Since Outlook has many advanced features, this is why it has become the first consideration for users. We all are aware of the fact that both MSG and PST are the file extensions of MS Outlook. However, these two files work separately from each other.
MSG – It is an extension, including a single email address and attachments. MSG file contains title, body, and ASCII text message.
PST – This is a complete Outlook package that stores all Outlook data. PST files include email contacts, calendar entries, tasks, notes, lists, etc.
Why Prefer PST Files Over MSG?
This is because PST is useful for users who want to store unlimited MSG files in one folder. PST is an extension of MS Outlook, stands for personal storage table, and allows to store all Outlook content, such as contacts, calendars, messages, notes, tasks, etc. For these reasons, users use PST on MSG. Now, let us discuss the method to combine MSG files to PST file format.
How to Combine Files from MSG to PST?
Users do not have a specific solution for combining MSG files, so they need to find ways to combine MSG files to PST. A manual solution is defined here, which is suitable for combining less number of MSG files to PST format.
The steps to manually combine MSG data to PST format are as follows:
- Run Outlook on the system.
- Create a folder in Outlook, and then select it.
- Select the .msg file from the saved location.
- Drag and drop the MSG file into the newly created Outlook 2019 folder.
The manual processing takes some time. Also, there are some other limitations associated with the manual solution which are listed in the section below.
Shortcomings with the Manual Method
- It is not easy to handle for non-technical users.
- Time-consuming process (drag and drop)
- Batch conversion is not available
- A technical expert is required to manually combine MSG files to PST
Due to the shortcomings of these manual solutions, you cannot rely on these methods to combine files from MSG to PST. Therefore, here you will get another best professional solution, the MSG to PST Converter Software. The application directly combines files from MSG to PST and other formats such as EML, MBOX, HTML, NSF, and PDF. For more precise information, please follow the steps in a sequential way:
Working Steps of MSG to PST Converter
- Initially, download and launch MSG Converter.
- Now, add the MSG file to the software. You can also add an MSG folder containing multiple MSG files.
- Select the MSG file, which should be used to combine with PST file format. Now click the PST export option.
- You can also choose Adv. Settings options. In addition, click the “Browse” button to select the destination of the generated PST file.
- After that, the MSG file is successfully changed into Outlook PST Format.
Working Steps to Combine MSG Files on Mac
Step 1. Install the software on your Mac system, and click on the Add File(s) option.
Step 2. Now, select the files and click on the Next button to move further.
Step 3. Then, select the PDF in order to convert the files.
Step 4. Lastly, hit a click on the Export button for Outlook message conversion.
All the manual and direct methods for batch conversion to combine MSG files to PST format have been explained above. Also, you can use the above-mentioned automated method to combine files from MSG to PST format in a reliable and quick manner. Hope you will find all the suitable solutions you want.