Unlock PDF File to Make Changes on Windows & Mac OS X
Do you want to know how to unlock PDF file to make changes for the Windows and Mac operating systems? Then this article is for you. Here you will get all the possible solutions to unlock secured PDF and remove PDF restrictions without password. You will also get to know about this remarkable PDF password remover tool to remove password from multiple PDF files.
- Unlock PDF for Editing using Acrobat Pro
- Dismantle all security settings using SysTools PDF password remover tool
Before jumping on the solutions to unlock PDF file to make changes, you should be aware of two types of PDF security settings:
- User-level security settings: Here you secure PDF with a password. That means, to open the PDF document to see contents in it you need an opening password.
- Owner level security settings: In this type of encrypted PDF file you cannot modify the document because there can be restrictions like copying editing, printing, signing, etc.
How to Remove Password From PDF in Windows & MAC
To remove User-level & Owner-level password in using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- First, open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro application and enter its password to view the file.
- Click the lock icon mention on the left side and click on the “Permission Details”. Also, you can click File > Properties > “Security” tab.
- Click on the Security Method box > (in the drop-down menu) “No Security” > click “OK” to unlock PDF for editing.
- Now you will be prompted to enter the permission password. Give the password and click on OK. Again click on OK to give the confirmation.
Note: the above steps can be performed for Windows as well as Mac.
To remove Only user-level password in Mac OS X using the Preview
- Right-click on your password-protected PDF document using a Mac Preview application. Enter the password.
- Now, click on the File menu given on top and choose the Export option.
- Rename your PDF document in “Export as” textbox and make sure to uncheck the Encrypt box and click on Save.
Note: Mac Preview can’t remove Owner-level security.
As you can see to remove the owner level security you need to provide permission password using Adobe Acrobat Pro. But what if you don’t know the permission password? in this case, you have to go for an automated solution that will remove PDF restrictions without password.
Unlock PDF File to Make Changes Using PDF Password Remover Tool
For Windows Operating System
Step 1: Download & Run PDF password remover tool
Step 2: Click on either “Add File(s)” or “Add Folder(s)” option to insert locked or restricted PDF.
Step 3: Click on the “Change” to give the location to save files & Click on “Unlock PDF” button.
Step 4: Press ‘Unlock’
For Mac OS X
Step 1: Download & Run the Tool for MAC on your system
Step 2: To insert PDFs click on either “Add File(s)” or “Add Folder(s)” option. Enter User Password if the file is password-protected
Step 3: Choose “Change” to give the location to save PDF files
Step 6: Click on the “Unlock” button to initiate the unlocking process
Also Read: How to Sign a Secured PDF
Benefits of Using This Automated Utility
This tool is designed to remove known User-level security and Unknown Owner-level security. It removes all the PDF restrictions so that you can modify your PDF document as you want:
- Page Extraction
- Enables Form Filling
- Creation of Template Pages
PDF password remover tool Supports Adobe PDF with 128 / 256-bit encryption. This tool is engineered with robust functionalities that can easily remove password from multiple PDF.
Note: The tool is completely safe to use as it doesn’t hinder your PDF document text. It preserves page layout structure and attachments (of any file format).
Now you know which is the best PDF password remover software to unlock PDF file to make changes. With the help of this tool, you can unlock password-protected PDFs and remove PDF restrictions without password.
Also, I wouldn’t advise you to use Acrobat Pro because to use its service you have to take a yearly subscription where you have to pay $14.99 per month. And according to their website, it should be a yearly commitment. So this Adobe application can be costly for people who are just looking to unlock PDF for editing.
You can try the free demo version of this tool to unlock secured PDF and remove PDF restrictions without password.
Now your once locked PDF file is ready to edit.