How to Transfer Yahoo Mail Account to Computer – Beginners Guide
As we all know that Yahoo is a free email client which is used by millions of users on daily basis. It provides different features to the users. But, the security level of the Yahoo mailing application is not good. Due to this, many users transfer yahoo mail account data.
Hacking someone’s Yahoo account is not at all a big task for hackers. And Yahoo does not provide any kind of service to recover all your Yahoo account data. So, it is better for the users to export emails from Yahoo mail.
Just follow this blog to know different methods to transfer Yahoo mails. Now, let’s take a look at the user query.
Hi, I am using Yahoo Mail as my daily drive to fulfill all my mailing needs and I am using this mailing application for the last 5 years without any issue. But for the last few days, I am facing a storage space issue in Yahoo Mail. The thing is that I have 2 Yahoo accounts and, in both accounts, I have very important emails and don’t want to delete them. So, if any option available that saves Yahoo emails to the computer, then please suggest to me.”
Do you have any query like this? If Yes, then you will find a solution to save Yahoo emails in this blog. But before moving onto the solution we will discuss the reasons to transfer Yahoo Mail account.
Instant Solution: Use the Tool to backup Yahoo emails to hard drive and transfer all emails from Yahoo account instantly. This tool is very advanced and tested by experts.
Steps to Use this Tool
- Step-1: Install and run the tool on your computer.
- Step-2: Use credentials and login your account.
- Step-3: Select file format and browse desired location.
- Step-4: Click Start to transfer Yahoo Mail account.
Reasons to Transfer Yahoo Mail Account
The reasons that why users save all Yahoo emails are discussed below:
- Hacking is one of the most common reasons because Yahoo does not have high-security policies.
- There are some situations where the user is unable to download an attachment from Yahoo account.
- Sometimes you cannot log in to your Yahoo account because the Yahoo server will not respond. And there are scenarios where you will log in to your account but will not be able to access any of your emails.
- Yahoo Mail Outage is also one of the most common reasons because there are times when Yahoo server went down. And during this time no one can access any email or share any email.
These are the reasons that why users want to move Yahoo account emails. But here the query is “How to save Yahoo emails to computer”. So, we will discuss both the manual and automated solutions to perform this task.
Save Yahoo Emails Using Manual Method
Every mailing application has a different setup procedure. Some of them directly provide an option to add Yahoo mail account for configuration settings.
Here, we have discussed the configuration process of Yahoo mail account to Mozilla Thunderbird.
Follow the steps given below to add Yahoo mailing account on Thunderbird:
- Initially, open the “Tools” menu and go to the “Account Settings” option.
- Open to the “Server Settings” option under the account settings section.
- Add server name as “pop.mail.Yahoo.com”.
- Now, add number 995 in the port space.
- Open the “Security settings” option and select the SSL/TLS security settings.
- Just configure your Yahoo mailing account.
- Click on the “Account” option then click on the “Add Account” button and choose the “Yahoo Mail” option.
- Here, just enter the server configuration details of the Yahoo mailing account.
- At last, using POP/IMAP settings add the details like Security SSL, TLC, Port no., etc.
After performing the above steps, you have successfully transfer Yahoo Mail account. Now your data will be saved from Yahoo account to computer.
Short Comings of Manual Procedure to Transfer Yahoo Mail
- Users cannot use this manual method without installing any desktop-based email application.
- This procedure is not safe because if the internet connection gets interrupted then the user can face permanent data loss issues.
- You need to perform this method carefully because if you miss any step or perform any wrong step then you need to start the process from the beginning and you can also face data loss issues.
- Using this method user cannot save any attachment.
Professional Software to Save Yahoo Emails to Computer
Yahoo Backup Software is one of the best and advanced tool to save emails from Yahoo account. Users can safely and securely take backup of all their data. Although, non-technical users can easily use this automated tool because this tool has a user-friendly interface.
Step-by-Step Solution to Transfer Yahoo Mail Account
- Download and install the Software in your system.
- You need to add the Yahoo account credentials to sign in.
- Here, you need to select any File Format in which you want to save the data.
- Users need to click on the “Browse” button. After this, search for the desired location to save the files.
- At last, click on the “Start” option to begin the process.
Advanced Features of the Professional Software
- Export Yahoo Mail to PST / EML / MSG / MBOX / PDF.
- Non-technical users can easily use this software because of its easy-to-use interface.
- You can also save all the attachments along with the emails by using this tool.
- You can apply the date range filter feature to save some specific emails.
- An incremental Backup Option is also given by the software.
- Folder structure hierarchy is also maintained by this tool.
- You can use this Automated tool in multiple languages like Chinese, English, and Indonesian, etc.
In the above write-up, we have discussed the various methods to transfer Yahoo mail account. If you want to prevent Yahoo emails from hacking then you should save the data in offline mode too. We have covered some of the reasons that why users need to save Yahoo emails to computer. Now, you can choose any of the above methods as per your requirement.