How to Split Large Outlook PST Files? Best Solutions
MS Outlook email client is a free application that supports to transfer the information worldwide. All the data of MS Outlook like contacts, journals, tasks, calendars, etc. are saved in PST file format. The PST file is also known as the Portable Storage File. And Outlook only uses the PST file extension to save the data. But, the PST file has a file size limit. That’s why at a certain point of time users try to split large Outlook PST files.
In different versions of MS Outlook, the storage limit of PST files varies. In Outlook 2016, 2019, and 2013, 50 GB of data can be saved in PST files. So due to this, The PST files become oversized and the working speed of MS Outlook goes down. So most of the users want the best solution to split large PST files.
Here we are, in this write-up we are going to discuss the multiple techniques to split Outlook PST file. Stay connected till the end to get the best solutions to split large Outlook PST files.
- Split Large PST Files using Automated Tool
- Manual Technique to Split Outlook PST File
- Summing Up
Automated Tool to Split Large Outlook PST Files
The Split PST Software is an automated tool to simply split large Outlook PST files. This tool has a user-friendly interface so that every user can safely split large Outlook PST files. Some advanced features are also offered by the tool for user requirements. Let’s begin with the working of the split PST tool:-
- Install and Run the Split PST tool on your system.
- Use the “Add Files, Add Folder, and Search Files” buttons to add the PST documents
- If you want to split PST files of any specific folder then Click on the “Add Folder” option and then on the “OK” button
- Click the “Add File” option and hit the “Open” button to insert any selected document
- Users can go with the “Search Files” button when the location of the PST file is not known
- The tool gives the “Remove or Remove All” option to delete the wrongly added files from the panel
- Use the “Browse” option to select a location to save the files
- After performing all the steps, select the “Split by Size” button
- According to your need, choose the size of the PST file and tap on the “Next” option
- Now, you can view the splitting information under the summary section
- At last, “The PST Files Have Been Split Successfully” the tool will display this message.
Prominent Features Offered by Split PST Tool
We are going to mention some of the advanced features of this automated tool:-
- Supports to split PST file using date range filter option
- The tool doesn’t have any file size restriction
- Break the Outlook PST file using filters like email-id, date, category, year, etc.
- Supports to divide the active and archive PST files
- Users can break Outlook PST documents into the different size ranges of 1MB to 1TB
- Allows to insert single and multiple PST files and folders
- The software allows to split Outlook PST file safely into multiple parts
- Works with Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 and below versions
Manually Split Large Outlook PST Files
Go through the steps given below to know the process to split large PST files:-
- The first step is to download and install the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Hit the File >> Account Settings buttons.
- Click on the Data Files option and go to the “Add” option
- Here, a dialog box will pop up, after that add the details like name and location to save the new documents.
- Hit the “OK” button and exit from the account settings option.
- Use the File button and hit the Open option. After that click on the Import options.
- Now, a window will pop up, so hit the “Export to a File” and tap on the “Next” option.
- As per your requirement, select the PST document and hit the “Next” button.
- Here, select the folders and go to the “Next” button.
- At last, search for the location to store the new files.
- In the end, before exporting, choose any option from the given options, and hit the “Finish” button.
Limitations of Manual Procedure
The manual method is free to use but it has some drawbacks which we are going to mention below:-
- This procedure is extremely lengthy to work with.
- Data integrity and security are not maintained during the splitting process.
- The user should have good technical knowledge.
- The possibility of data loss is extremely high.
- Users from non-technical backgrounds will face issues.
In this blog, we have discussed the professional and the manual approach to split large Outlook PST files. Users can go for any of the methods, both professional as well as manual. The manual approach is free to split Outlook PST file. But, it is free that’s why it has some drawbacks which we have already mentioned. So, to avoid all those issues users can work with the professional tool. It is one of the safest tools to split large PST files.