How to Split Large Outlook PST Files? Complete Solution
Overview: Are you also looking for a way to split large Outlook PST files? If Yes, you are on the correct web page. Here we are going to use one of the best methods and a complete guide to achieve this task.
Here we are, in this write-up we are going to discuss the multiple techniques to split Outlook PST file. Stay connected till the end to get the best solutions to split PST file. But before learning the process, you should know whether you need to split oversized PST files or not.
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email program that allows users to manage their emails, contacts, calendars and other data. As mailboxes grow over time, Outlook PST files can grow significantly in size, leading to performance issues and possible data corruption. To avoid this problem, we recommend splitting large PST files into smaller, more manageable files. This blog post will guide you through the process of splitting a large Outlook PST file with or without Outlook.
Why Need to Split Large Outlook PST Files?
There are several reasons why you need to split Outlook PST files without using Outlook:
File Size Limit: Outlook has a file size limit for PST files. In previous versions of Outlook, the maximum file size was limited to 2 GB. In later versions, the maximum size of a PST file in Unicode format is 20 GB. If your PST file exceeds this limit, you may experience performance problems, malfunction, or be unable to open the file. Splitting files helps you manage their size and avoid these problems.
Performance: Large PST files can slow down Outlook’s performance, causing delays and slow performance when opening and searching emails. You can improve Outlook’s performance by dividing PST files into smaller, more manageable parts.
Backup and Storage Management: Separation of PST files makes backup and storage management easier. Instead of dealing with a large file, you can divide it into smaller parts and manage them separately, making it easier to back up important emails or transfer files to another system.
Easy Access and Portability: Splitting PST files can make them easy to access and move. Compact PST files can be simply transferred, copied, or shared between multiple devices or email clients without the need for Outlook.
- Avoid Corruption: Large Outlook PST data files are more prone to corruption and data loss.
By dividing it into smaller files, you reduce the risk of losing all your emails and files if the files become corrupted. If one PST file gets damaged, other files will not be affected
Manual Approach to Split Large Outlook PST Files
Go through the steps given below to know the process to split PST files:-
- The first step is to download and install the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Hit the File >> Account Settings buttons.
- Click on the Data Files option and go to the “Add” option
- Here, a dialog box will pop up, after that add the details like name and location to save the new documents.
- Hit the “OK” button and exit from the account settings option.
- Use the File button and hit the Open option. After that click on the Import options.
- Now, a window will pop up, so hit the “Export to a File” and tap on the “Next” option.
- As per your requirement, select the PST document and hit the “Next” button.
- Here, select the folders and go to the “Next” button.
- At last, search for the location to store the new files.
- In the end, before exporting, choose any option from the given options, and hit the “Finish” button.
Limitations of Manual Procedure
The manual method is free to use but it has some drawbacks which we are going to mention below:-
- This procedure is extremely lengthy to work with.
- Data integrity and security are not maintained during the splitting process.
- The user should have good technical knowledge.
- The possibility of data loss is extremely high.
- Users from non-technical backgrounds will face issues.
Automated Solution to Split Outlook PST Files into Smaller Size
The PST File Splitter Software efficiently breaks the large PST file into smaller ones, irrespective of its size. It is a highly efficient tool and splits PST files extremely fast without damaging the integrity or accuracy of the files.
this utility has the latest and most advanced GUI, which is very easy to use even for non-techies. Simple and unique. The user-oriented graphical interface facilitates the use of the application. This tool can work with all versions of the MS Outlook program, so it doesn’t matter if you are using an older or newer version of the email program installed on your Windows PC.
Free Trail Version: This software also provides users with a free trial version. By using the demo version, the user can check the operation and efficiency of the program. The demo version allows you to process the first 50 items from each folder. After using the demo version, users can use the tool with confidence.
Steps to Split Large Outlook PST Files with or without Outlook
Let’s begin with the working of the split PST tool:-
- Install and Run the tool on your system.
- Use the “Add Files, Add Folder, and Search Files” buttons to add the PST documents
- If you want to split PST files of any specific folder then Click on the “Add Folder” option and then on the “OK” button
- Click the “Add File” option and hit the “Open” button to insert any selected document
- Users can go with the “Search Files” button when the location of the PST file is not known
- The tool gives the “Remove or Remove All” option to delete the wrongly added files from the panel
- Use the “Browse” option to select a location to save the files
- After performing all the steps, select the “Split by Size” button
- According to your need, choose the size of the PST file and tap on the “Next” option.
- Now, you can view the splitting information under the summary section
- Once the user clicks the Next button, the tool will start the PST process.
Prominent Features Offered by Tool
We are going to mention some of the advanced features of this automated tool:-
- Supports to split PST file using date range filter option
- The tool doesn’t have any file size restriction
- Provides option to split PST by providing email IDs of multiple users in CSV
- Offer to support for searching PST files on a specific selected drive
- Supports PST files (ANSI and Unicode) of all versions of MS Outlook (32/64 bit)
- Break the Outlook PST file using filters like email-id, date, category, year, etc.
- Supports to divide the active and archive PST files
- Users can break Outlook PST documents into the different size ranges of 1MB to 1TB
- Allows to insert single and multiple PST files and folders
- The software allows to split Outlook PST file safely into multiple parts
- Works with Windows 11. 10 and below versions
In this blog, we have discussed the professional and the manual approach to split large Outlook PST files. Users can go for any of the methods, both professional as well as manual. The manual approach is free to split Outlook PST file. But, it is free that’s why it has some drawbacks which we have already mentioned. So, to avoid all those issues users can work with the professional tool. It is one of the safest tools to split large PST files.