How to Print PDF that is Locked Using Simple Tricks?
Password protected PDF files are common documents shared by businesses and individuals. Although this PDF security feature is useful, it can also be frustrating when you try to print PDF that is locked and find that it won’t work.
So how do you print a locked PDF? In this tutorial, we will show you how to print locked PDF files in a few simple steps. We’ll also share some tips on how to better protect your PDF files from unauthorized printing.
Nowadays, people are widely searching for a solution on how to print locked PDF file whether they are working in any organization or using PDF for personal use. If you are also one of them, then, go out through this blog which explains the most effective solution to print locked portable document format.
How to Print PDF that is Locked Instantly
- Download and Install the tool.
- Click the File or Folder to Add Files option.
- Set the destination to save PDF.
- Finally, select the Unlock PDF tab to start the process.
How Can PDF Files be Secured?
PDF is a file format invented by “Adobe” a US-based company. This file format is widely using among the business organization as well as for personal use. PDF provides many advanced features to share and preserve documents securely. It has attractive features and one among them is to lock the file with password security.
There are two types of password security added to a PDF file. One is Document Open Password which restricts users to open the file without proper authorization. Another one is permission password security which is used to restrict unauthorized users for performing the different function on locked PDF files. It includes print, copy, edit, sign, comment, etc.
Step 1: Print Locked PDF File with Google Chrome
If you use Google Chrome, there is an easy way to print locked PDF files. In this order:
- Open a locked PDF file in Google Chrome.
- Press Ctrl+P (Command+P on Mac) to open the print window.
- At the destination, click Edit.
- Choose the Save as PDF from the list of options.
- Click the Save and choose the destination to save the unlocked PDF file.
- Open unlocked PDF and print them from your PDF viewer.
Lamination of the Google Chrome method: If the PDF file has printing restrictions, the printing option will be disabled.
Step 2: Print a Locked PDF File with Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is a popular PDF viewer that can be used to open and print locked portable document format. In this order:
- Start Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the print-locked PDF file.
- Enter your password when prompted, and press the OK button.
- After unlocking the file, go to File > Print.
- Make sure you have selected the correct printer in the “Print” window, then click “OK” to print the file.
Disadvantages of the Adobe Acrobat method: If you do not know the password of the owner of the PDF file, this tool is useless.
Automatic Solution to Print PDF that is Locked without Adobe
Users can print secured PDF document without password by using PDF Unlocker Software. The a utility is specially designed to remove all kinds of securities and restriction from the PDF document. It has a simple user interface which makes it easy to use and handle.
This application also allows users to bypass PDF print protection without data loss. Using the “Edit” option of the tool, users can select the save destination for the created PDF files. Furthermore, using the Print option, users can print unprotected PDF documents. Also, the original format is not affected by this tool.
Highlighted Advanced Features of the Software
- Allows permissions to copy, edit, sign and print secured PDF document.
- Unlock PDF file to edit in a single attempt.
- Remove document assembly restrictions from PDF files
- Adobe Acrobat installation is not required.
- Supported to all versions of Windows OS.
Steps to Print Locked PDF File Without Password
The software allows removing restrictions and securities from PDF files within a simple and short procedure. Follow these simple steps:
1: Download and Install the software to print encrypted PDF file.
2: Select the locked PDF by clicking on Browse.
3: View the permission status of the PDF file.
4: Browse the destination location to save unlocked PDF.
5: Click the “Unlock PDF” button & start the process.
- Now, users can check and easily print encrypted PDF file.
In this blog, we have tried to answer the most frequently asked query i.e. “how to print PDF that is locked”. Although manual solution exists but it has limitations on the number of PDF files and known permission passwords. Therefore, considering this we have also provided a smart solution that enables permissions to print encrypted PDF file simply.