Whether you’re a Gmail enthusiast, working daily in documents, or relying heavily on your drive account, we use Google. Thankfully, the company offers 15GB of storage space for free. However, this includes files, documents, photos, etc. in Drive. The provided free space will be eaten up in a blink of an eye. Thus, users start looking for ways to move files from one Google Drive account to another.
What if your main Google account starts running out of space? If you haven’t used more than one yet, it’s free and easy to create. Sadly, Google doesn’t yet provide an easy way to move data from one Google Drive to another account. However, in the following write-up, I’ll show you three different ways to do this. Also, we will explain a quick DIY solution to make your whole process to import Google Drive documents to another account simpler.
1. Sign in to your Google Drive data from which you want to move data.
2. Select all the files or folder that has to be moved from one G Drive account to another.
3. Either right-click on the selected file or folder and click on the Share button. Or you can click on the Share Icon.
4. Now enter another Email address in which you want to move the selected data. Click on Advanced after that.
5. Change the permissions to “Is Owner” in the settings section.
6. Lastly, click on Send and begin to move data from one Google Drive to another Google Drive account.
Now, log in to your other account in which you have moved your data. Click on Shared With Me option from the left panel to move files from one Google Drive account to another.
Copy the transferred or moved files and move them to the desired location.
This method is only suitable for less number of files. Repeat this process until all files are moved to another Google Drive account. It is a time-consuming process and thus, requires a lot of patience.
1. Go to Google Takeout with your primary G Drive Email ID.
2. Now, go to Select All and then Drive.
3. Select the files and folders that you want to move. Click on Next.
Note: You can also choose the file format of the data to download from Google Drive based on your selection.
4. Under Delivery Method, select file type as ZIP and share download link through Email option.
5. Lastly, click on Archive and start the migration process,
Now, log in to your destined Google Drive Account. Extract your ZIP file there. Click on the +New button. Choose from the file or folder upload option. Browse to the location of the file and click on Open and successfully move data from one Google Drive to another.
If the data migration process gets interrupted due to power outage or lower bandwidth, it could lead to loss of data. Once, the data is lost, then it cannot be recovered. So, precisely choose your method to move files between one Google Drive account to another.
Quick Look: You can import files from Google Drive to One Drive by using this amazing utility in a limited number of steps.
From the above write-up, it is very much clear that manual methods are not feasible to move files from one Google Drive account to another. Therefore, it would be a wise decision to move mailbox from one G Drive account to another using a third-party tool such as Google Drive Migrator tool.
It has a simple and user-intuitive GUI which makes it the first choice among the cloud users. Also, this tool is equipped with some extra-ordinary features. This utility lets you migrate user and admin accounts both. Adding to this, the software is capable enough of moving permissions, deleted items, and shared files.
1. Download, install and run the Google Drive Migrator tool.
2. Click on Setup to choose the source and destination platforms. In this case, G Suite will be the source, and again G Suite for the destination.
3. Scrolling on to the setup screen further. You can select the Categories in the Workload Selection. Select the categories that you want to move to. Also, you apply filters to move files from one Google Drive account to another.
4. After this, add the details carefully in the Source screen. Upload your certificate file or p12 file. Further, click on validate and grant permissions. Click Next.
5. Move to the Destination screen now. Here, fill the details for Office 365 as the destination and again validate it. After the validation is completed click on Next.
6. You can add users in multiple ways i.e. Fetch users, Import users, and Download template. Choose the one which suits you the most.
7. Once the users are added, you can set priority to them. After this, click on Start Migration.
After the process gets completed, uses can download the detailed migration report. This generated report can be used for future preferences. It shows the total success and failure count of each moved items.
In the above-mentioned blog, we have covered professional and manual methods to move files from one Google Drive account to another Google Drive account. The manual method comes with the shortcomings and thus, users should give third-part tools a try!