How to Fix a Corrupted Microsoft Access Database – It’s Resolved
Microsoft Access is the most popular application across the globe. Almost every single either small or large organization uses MS Access to manage their work adequately. But eventually, a user encounters an issue such as data corruption in Access database. This issue occurs due to many reasons, including bugs, viruses, and malware attacks.
Thus, we considered all these factors and come up with a couple of ways to resolve how to fix a corrupted Microsoft Access database. So, just go thoroughly to the complete post to get more information about this issue. Before that, first, you have to know the main reasons behind it.
Causes of Microsoft Access Database Corruption
There are various reasons behind the occurrence of MS access database corruption issues. So, we are going to mention all of them. Let’s have a look:
- Inappropriate installation of third-party application or plug-ins
- Several users access may cause database to get corrupted
- Software/ Hardware failure i.e., disruption in network
- Few bugs in Microsoft Access and Jet Engine software
- Access Database files get infected with virus and worm
- Improper system shutdown can lead to corrupted Microsoft Access database issue
Few Symptoms of Corrupt Access Databases
Here is a list of symptoms associated with MS Access database. Let’s have a look:
- Network connection may have been lost.
- Reports and Queries denied getting open properly.
- Memo field automatically added strange characters
- Your macros and modules display value as “Deleted”
- Some records may change and it depends on the data stored in the database.
- You may get AO Index’ is not an index in this table error. It happens at the time of loading of form.
How to Fix a Corrupted Microsoft Access Database – Instant Method
In case you want to repair and restore Access database MDB file then, you can use a perfect solution i.e., Best Access Database Recovery Tool. With the help of this tool, you can repair corrupt or damaged Access database files without any hindrance. This application comes up with enriched functionality, which helps to fix Access database corruption issue within a few clicks.
It has the capability to recover all types of databases like tables, forms, indexes, queries, reports, macros, and modules, etc. This tool facilitates an understandable interface that even a novice user can also utilize. Moreover, you can install this software on any Windows machine. Because it is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS.
Note: Download the Free trial version by clicking the Download button.
This tool also helps you to recover deleted data from Access database table.
Manual Solution to Fix Access Database Corruption Issue
After considering all the above reasons for database corruption in MS Access. Now, it’s time to understand how to repair damaged Access database manually. Here are four different ways that will help to fix a corrupted Microsoft Access database issue. So, you can choose any of them as per your requirement. Let’s get started:
Method 1: Utilizing the Microsoft Jet Compact Utility
- If there is a minor corruption in MS Access database, you can utilize this program. It is facilitated by Microsoft and is also called JetComp.exe.
Method 2: Compact & Repair Utility
- Firstly, open MS Access application and hit on Database Tool tab
- After that, choose the Compact and Repair Database option
- Choose Database to Compact From and click the Compact button
- Now, you have to browse the MS Access database file and select that file. Click on the Compact option.
- At the time when you click the Compact option, the repair process get started.
- Once the recovery process is finished, then click on the Save button
Method 3: Restore Database From New Backup
- In order to perform this technique, you have to require a recent backup of Access MDB or ACCDB files. If in any situation, you have a backup copy of Access database so, you can directly restore a database from the backup.
Method 4: Turn off AutoCorrect feature
- First of all, go to File and click Options
- Then, Choose Current Database
- Afterward, Uncheck all option (check under Name AutoCorrect Options).
In the above discussion, we have described both manual and automated methods to repair damaged Access database files. Basically, these manual techniques have some limitations. So, in this situation, it is better to go with a third-party solution like Access database recovery software. It is the best solution to let users understand how to fix a corrupted Microsoft Access database. Thus, both resolutions are discussed appropriately, you can go with any of them as per your need.