A Quick Way to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
Are you are facing duplicate contacts in the Outlook address book? Then this blog will resolve this duplication problem of duplicate contacts in Outlook. Basically, here in this blog, we are going to discuss the reasons along with a solution to delete duplicate contacts in Outlook.
Well nowadays emails client is not only used for sending or receiving emails instead of that it is also used for managing daily important items such as contacts, important meetings, and other data.
And if we talk Outlook then it is one of the most used email applications around the globe hence the case of duplicate of contacts is quite more in the users of Outlook. Now, to understand the scenario let’s see a real-time user query.
The above query is asked by the user of Outlook on Microsoft community. And during the research of this topic, we found so many users facing the same issue. So after considering the requirement we have come to this blog. But before going towards the solution part let’s understand why this happens.
What causes Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
In this section, we’ve gone through some of the prime reasons that lead to duplicate contacts in Outlook. So simply read it once to see whether any of the explanations are the factor for the duplicate in Outlook.
- As we know wrong syncing Outlook data with different devices or platforms creates duplicates in Outlook contacts
- While importing contacts from another email client if you forget to disable the “Allow duplicate to be created” option, then you will notice duplicates in your Outlook address book.
- If the Outlook rules are defined wrongly then you will notice duplicates in Outlook contacts.
After knowing what are the reasons for duplicate contacts in Outlook? Now, let’s find out the method that helps you to find out the duplicate contacts in Outlook.
Free Method to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
To erase duplicate contacts from Outlook, we’ll utilize the built-in Export/Import tool in Outlook. This technique will also assist you in removing a huge number of duplicate contacts from Outlook. To do so, follow the instructions below:
1. Launch Outlook and select the People tab.
2. Select the Contacts option from the My Contacts menu and right-click.
3. Select the New Folder option and type in the folder’s name.
4. Expand the contact list in the Original contact folder and select all contacts to move to a new folder.
5. Select File, then Open & Export, then Import/Export from the drop-down menu.
6. From the drop-down option, select Export as a file, then Next.
7. Under the Create a file type option, select “Comma Separated Values,” then click Next.
8. Then click the Next button after selecting the newly formed folder.
9. Now, pick the required place by clicking the Browse option.
Importing Duplicate Free Contacts in Outlook
1. Select Import from another application or file from the drop-down menu, then Comma Separated Values from the drop-down menu.
2. To find the contact folder, click the Browse option.
3. Click Next after selecting the option to not import duplicate items.
4. After you’ve made all of your choices, click the Finish button to import your contacts to the default Contacts folder.
Limitation of the Import/Export Method
The above process is nice but the process is quite time-winded because you have to follow two steps in order to remove duplicate contacts from Outlook. And if you did anything wrong then there is a chance that you will lose contacts or the integrity of contacts.
Now, the question is there any instant and effective solution available that helps to remove duplicate contacts from the Outlook address book?
Most Effective Way to Delete Duplicate Contacts in Outlook
The manual method described above is a decent approach, but it is a little complicated and requires you to follow a lot of steps. Also, it does not always work, and if it does not operate properly, all of your efforts are wasted.
As a result, you may use the automated technique to do these activities in this case. Outlook Duplicate Remover tool from SysTools. This program can delete all duplicate contacts from Outlook in a matter of minutes without causing any data loss.
The main benefit of utilizing this software is that you don’t have to go through any hard stages because the software deletes all duplicate contacts from Outlook. Also, the tool is capable to remove duplicates from Outlook PST files such as emails, calendars, notes, and journals.
Five Quick Working Steps of Tool
1. Download and install the tool on your system.
2. Open the tool and click on the Add Files or Add Folder to add the Outlook data file.
3. Choose the Destination location to save duplicate free Outlook data file.
4. Select the Contacts option from Select Item types.
5. At last click on the Next button to start the de-duplication process.
Duplicate data items always create confusion and also take the same amount of space in Outlook data. So it is important to delete all the duplicates from Outlook and to this here in this blog we have discussed free as a well automated solution delete duplicate contacts in Outlook. So go through the write-up and choose the best method as per your requirement.