Why Your Mac Preview Can’t Edit PDF? Here are the Reasons and Solution to Solve
BECAUSE the owner of the PDF document has set restrictions to RESTRICT editing in the file. This is the main reason why your Mac Preview can’t edit PDF documents.
Usually, PDF files are protected either by a user-level password or a permission password.
- With a User-level password, you can’t open the PDF. The PDF file is locked and user cannot view the file data.
- With a permission password, you can open it but cannot do certain activities that are restricted by the owner. In your case, it is editing.
But don’t worry! You can edit PDF file on mac using the Mac PDF Unlocker. You can download FREE EDITION of the software here:
This Tool Removes ALL the 10 Types of PDF Restrictions
The tool is designed with the most-advanced functionalities that can unlock restricted PDF files and reduce the difficulty to give you the most amazing user experience. It removes the following restrictions:
- EDITING to let you make changes and corrections
- CONTENT COPYING to make duplicates and copy important information
- PAGE EXTRACTION to take out important parts of PDF
- COMMENTING to put important notes in the PDF
- FILLING to unlock PDF form fields to fill in
- SIGNING to put your signatures or initials
- TEMPLATE PAGE CREATION to create your own template
- PDF SPLITTING to divide the large PDF in smaller part to make it shareable and readable
- PDF MERGING to join multiple PDFs to manage easily
- PRINTING to make hard copies
So, using the same software a user can edit PDF file on Mac as well as in Windows OS
Takes Care of PDF Attachments & Maintains File Formatting
Your PDF attachments will be safeguarded by this tool. It does not matter what file type those attachments have. All types of Attachments files will be taken care of, including:
- The quality of the images
- File formatting
- No loss of information
- Additional PDF documents as attachments
The tool will retain the ORIGINALITY of the PDF file no matter what!
Mac Preview Can’t Edit PDF – Change This by Following Given Steps
Easy to use that renders POWERFUL impact –
1. Firstly, download and install the Tool if you are unable to edit PDF in preview Mac OS.
2. Choose Add File(s) / Add Folder(s) to insert PDF file(s) or folders – Tool is capable to handle multiple PDF files at once. Set the path and choose to Save or print the Unlocked Adobe PDF files.
3. Click ‘Unlock’ – It will swiftly remove permission password from the PDF
4. Lastly, click OK.
As the restrictions have been removed by the utility, now the user can easily edit PDF in preview on Mac OS.
Specifications & Requirements
You must install JDK & JRE 8 in your Mac system to run the tool – which can be done easily JUST CLICK HERE
However, It does NOT require Adobe Acrobat installation.
Other Specification You Should Know-
- Hard Disk Space: 100 MB of free hard disk space required
- RAM: 4 GB of RAM
- Processor: 1GHz processor (2.4 GHz is recommended)
Note – The above-mentioned software takes up to 3 audio-songs worth of your data-limit.
Also Read: Quick Steps to Combine PDF Files Into One On Mac
A perfect solution to Mac Preview can’t edit PDF. This is the best software when it comes to handling your multiple bank PDF statements. Various other documents like application forms whose fields are locked, to sign locked agreements, to copy or print important PDF files that are restricted & MUCH MORE…
Now, your Mac Preview can edit that PDF file of yours!