How to Remove VBA Password from Excel File in Multiple Ways
Are you also looking for a solution to remove VBA password from Excel file? Do you want to unlock .XLS file? If yes, then there is no need to panic now, you are at the right place. In this blog, we are going to discuss about different methods to remove password from excel using VBA. You can just follow this blog thoroughly to know the solutions. But, before jumping to the solutions let’s discuss about a real time user query.
“Hey, I am James. I work with a lot of excel files on daily-basis. Somehow, I have forgotten VBA passwords of some of my Excel files. Those files include many crucial data, which I cannot afford to lose. So, someone please suggest me a method to do the same.”
“Can anyone suggest a method to remove password from excel using VBA? Actually, the scenario is that I have created some files in Microsoft excel. These files contains some confidential information, but somehow I have lost the passwords of these files and I want to open these files anyhow, so, please suggest me a way to do that.”
These are some of the common problems which user faces. So, let us take a look on both the manual and professional approach to Remove the VBA password from Excel file.
Remove VBA password from Excel file Using Manual Methods
Before starting the manual approach. Go through the prerequisites of the manual methods:-
- Always keep a complete backup of your VBA files
- We know that XLSM and XLSX files are similar to each other but still, you should enable the macros
Method 1 – Use Hex Editor to Remove VBA Password
Follow the steps given below to Remove VBA password from Excel file:-
- First step is to create a new XLS file using any Hex Editor
- Now, Press “Alt+F11” keys together, and set a password in the VBA field
- After this, just save the file and click on the “Exit” button
- Here, you need to open the newly created file
- After opening the file, copy each single line which is starting with:
- Now, using Hex editor open the file that you want to unlock and paste all these copied lines
- After this, you need to save the files and just click on the “Exit” button to remove the password from Excel file
- At last, just open the excel file in which you want to see the code and simply enter the dummy password which you used in the previous step.
Method 2 – remove password from excel Using WinZip/ WinRAR
Go through the steps given below:-
- Firstly, change the .xlsm file extension to .zip
- Using the WinRAR/ WinZip, open the .zip file and select .xl folder
- Now, you need to extract vbaProject.bin file
- After extracting the file, open it in Hex editor
- Here, search for the DPB file and replace it with DPX file and save that particular file
- Now you can save this latest file with the previous vbaProject.bin file under the zip file
- After this, you need to change the ZIP file extension to XLSM file
- In MS Excel, start the visual basic and go to the “Tools” option
- Now, choose the “VBA Project Properties” option and click on the “Protection” option
- In this step, you need to add a new password and after that save that file in .xlsm file format
- At last, you need to exit the VBA file and just re-open it using the new password
Method 3 – Use Workbook Method
Just follow the given procedure to Remove VBA password from Excel file:-
- Open the Workbook which contains the all the sheets
- Press the “Alt + F11” keys together to verify the sheet and open the Visual Basic Editor
- Now, you need to type Insert-Module and after that paste the code there
- Close the VB Editor and search for the workbook from which you want to remove the passwords
- Now, you have to type the Tools-Macros-Macros and do a double click on the Password breaker.
So, these are some of the manual methods which you can use to remove password from excel using VBA. But, if you do not have technical knowledge then this method will be a bit tricky and confusing for you. This manual approach will consume more time and efforts. So, in the next section we will discuss about the professional approach to unlock the password protected excel file using VBA.
Professional Approach to Remove VBA Password from Excel File
You can use the automated tool to easily unlock the VBA password protected files. Follow the procedure mentioned below:-
- Install and run the VBA Password Remover software on your system
- Click on the “Add files/ Add folder” option to browse the password protected files
- Now choose the files from which you want to remove password and click on the “Open” button
- At last, click on the “Reset” option.
Advanced Features of VBA Password Remover Tool
- Tool supports to remove passwords from Single as well as Multiple VBA files
- Allows restoring VBA macro passwords from PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Word files
- User can easily remove password of any length
- Software is compatible with Windows OS and MS Office
- Tool allows to eliminate old password and generate a new one
- Software also providesprogressreport
In the above blog, we have discussed about different methods to Remove VBA password from Excel file. User can use any of the manual methods which are mentioned above. But, as we mentioned above that those methods are bit technical. So, you can switch to the automated tool to unlock the VBA files. This tool has a user-friendly interface and safe to use.