Top 2 Methods to Import MSG Files Into Thunderbird
We are going to deliver comprehensive information on “import MSG Files into Thunderbird” where we will give step-by-step guidance to convert Outlook Messages to Thunderbird.
But for the full information, you need to read and follow this blog to get the best results.
As you know, without Outlook installation people cannot access the MSG Files in any other email client just because Outlook supports .msg file format only, and on the other side, other email client’s application supports MBOX file format like Thunderbird.
Why Prefer MBOX Over MSG File
- Because MSG is a single file from your local hard drive. (i.e. if a user is having 100 .msg files then it will occupy your storage from the local device)
- Important thing is that MSG File will not be accessible without the configuration of MS Outlook >
- If a user needs to migrate from Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird
- If you contain some MSG Files which are corrupted or damaged.
Just before exploring the methods by which you can transfer your MSG files into thunderbird, we are going to showcase a user query and we expect you to do read it and try to co-relate with this user query
Here is the User-Scenario
“In various raid scenarios, users face the problem that they just have many Outlook messages and the only other email application they find is the Thunderbird. They can’t open & view those MSG Files because only Outlook supports such file extension, so they are not able to open with Thunderbird. In that case, you need a solution by which you access those Outlook Messages in Thunderbird”
“Sir, Please advise me of any third-party solution which allows me to import MSG Files to the Thunderbird email application with their attachments. But here’s the catch: I also don’t have Thunderbird. So, kindly tell me the way by which I can migrate MSG data in Thunderbird.”
After reading those user queries we are going to pitch the approaches by which you can easily resolve your issues by both manual and automated Solutions.
So, Here It Is !!!!
How to Import MSG Files in Thunderbird Manually
- Very firstly, Drag & Drop .msg file from Outlook
- Press on, Save As
- Rename the file as .eml and hit on Save
- Later, the caution message appears on the screen “that you want to change it” just tap on “Yes”
- After that, rename your all .txt files to .eml file format
- Lastly, right-click on the .eml file and view it with Thunderbird
Later, you need to open the .eml file into thunderbird the steps are given below:
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird >> Tools
- Click on, Add-ons & Themes >>Import Export >> Add to Thunderbird
- Then right-click on the folder >> ImportExport Tools NG>> Import Message
- Choose the file >> Hit on Open
Now, we are going to tell you the drawbacks of this manual method.
Drawbacks of the Native Method
- This method is only applicable when you have already installed Thunderbird.
- Your MSG Files might get corrupted
- Most of the time the body parts of the email will be missing after the conversion
- You might get confused while transferring the Outlook messages one-by-one & this leads to losing some of your files as human error.
- As this manual method offers to convert files only single file at one time you might fail to export files in batch
Import MSG Files in Thunderbird with most Reliable Solution
MSG Migrator Tool is the finest solution with the advanced features to import MSG Files in Thunderbird with just a few clicks. This software make sure that your folder hierarchy will be maintained while converting the files.
Complete Guide to Import MSG Files in Thunderbird
- We will first convert MSG files to MBOX format.. For that, run the utility Outlook messages Migrator.>
- Choose the> files or folder MSG Files
- Here, the utility gives you a different preview mode like Normal Mail View, Hex, Attachments, properties, HTML, etc.
- Press on, Export/Export Selected,
- Choose the file format “MBOX”
- Tap On, “Advanced Settings”, and here, you can add the filters: Date Filter Option: Set the date range (i.e 10.11.2021 to 10.12.2021)
- Hit on the “Browse” and select the desired path where you will view your MBOX.
- Later, Tap on Export
- Here, the software will start the process and wait until it gets finished later Press “OK”
- At last, hit on, SAVE button to save the generated export report.
- Once you have the MBOX file, import it in Thunderbird using ImportExportTools NG.
Thsi tool also helps in importing MSG data into Gmail account.
The aforesaid write-up explained the manual and direct method to import MSG Files in the Thunderbird application. We have described all the possible ways to convert MSG Files into Thunderbird. Rest the choice is yours that which approach you to want to opt for.