Import MSG Files into Gmail – An Understandable Non-Tech Guide
Mailing is something that everyone does on a daily basis. In today’s era mostly people prefer emailing to communicate with each other. There are a number of email services that are available in the world.
People want to be up to date in terms of everything even then they are very particular to choose the right email applications hence, they keep migrating their data from one platform to another application. In context to this, we are having many queries on how to import MSG Files into Gmail. In this blog, we are going to explain all the possibilities to resolve this query.
Up next, we are going to showcase one such user query which most people face while migrating one application to another email client.
“HELLO! For many years I was using MS Outlook and I have 1000+ MSG files. Now I want to migrate all my Outlook messages to Gmail. Well, I am well aware that I can’t open those .msg files directly, also I failed to find such an automated solution by which I can easily complete my task.”
“Hello! I have more than 1000 email messages with attachments in my MS Outlook email client. Now, I have decided to migrate MSG data files to Gmail. I am searching for a proficient automated solution. Please suggest to me a secure and reliable application for Outlook messages to Gmail migration.”
Note: If you want to perform this conversion process then there is no direct manual method available to execute this type of conversion. If you want a reliable professional solution, then you can continue with this article.
Method to Import MSG Files to Gmail
For the conversion process, firstly you need to convert MSG files into PST. This way, you will have a single file containing all the email messages. Then, we will move this data into Gmail account.
Step 1: Convert to PST
- Launch the reliable MSG migration tool.
- Locate the file or folder which contain MSG Files
- Now, the tool gives you a different preview mode like Normal Mail View, Hex, Attachments, properties, HTML, and so on.
- Tap on the “EXPORT” or “EXPORT SELECTED” choose as per your choice
- After clicking Export/Export Selected, Choose “PST” from the given list
- Hit On, “Advanced Settings”, and here, you can have the following filters:
- PST Split Option: You can divide the resultant PST file if it is in large size
- Date Filter Option: user can set the date range by specifying from which date to that date they need the data
- Categories: You can tick on the checkboxes to specify which component that you want to export
- Press on the “Browse” and choose the desired path where you are able to view your PST.
- Now the software will start the process and wait until it gets finished later click “OK”
- Hit On, SAVE button to save the generated export report.
Step 2 – Move the Converted file to G Suite
After conversion, you will need to import those PST Files into Google Workspace by anothersophisticated solution which is Outlook PST To G Suite Migrator Tool
- Download the utility Backup and Restore Tool
- Select “Outlook” as Source and choose Destination platform as “G Suite”
- In the tool’s screen select the categories which you want to take a backup & you can also choose the Date Range and Hit on Next
- Fill in the Credential of that source from where your PST folder is stored & tap on
- Again fill the G Suite credentials and click on “Validate”
- After validating the account on the software’s screen will give you the three options like Fetch Users, Import Users.
- Download Template chooses as per your choice.
- Press on the Start Restore
- At Last, view the backup files in the Gmail
In this above blog, we have explained the proficient solution by which you can easily import MSG Files into Gmail. Although there is no manual method by which you can able to convert files for free. So we tried to serve you the most sophisticated solution by which you can easily migrate your Outlook messages from the Gmail application.