How to Import Business Card to Outlook? – Learn
Summary: Learn how you can import business card to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and all other versions. Find manual as well as automatic ways to execute the task.
vCards are the standard electronic business cards for storing contact and transferring data. It is capable of storing numeric, textual data, as well as, photographs. These business cards are recognized by multiple email clients and hence why users often lookout for ways to import business card to MS Outlook since it’s a popular email service provider.
These virtual business cards come in three different versions. v2.1 is suitable for Mobile desktop applications, v3.0 for Webmail servers, and v4.0 for Cloud servers. In this article, we shall explain how you can import all of these three versions into MS Outlook.
“Hello! I have received many virtual business cards that I want to move to my Outlook application. But, when I tried doing so, it did not allow me to import more than one file at a time. Since I own hundreds of business cards, it is not practical to import them manually. Is there any smarter way to get this job done?”
Import Business Card to Outlook – The Smart Way
If you have been using MS Outlook for some time now, you must be aware of the fact that its inbuilt Import/Export feature allows us to move in only a single file at a time. Now, it does not cause any problem if you own only a few files to import into Outlook. But, in case you have dozens of them, manually importing them all is not a sane task. Therefore, we must look into a smarter solution.
The SysTools vCard Importer Tool is the best way one can opt for since it works by first converting the source files into Outlook data files. These data files are readily accepted by MS Outlook and can be imported in bulk. Here are some of its advanced features listed for you to go through:
- Import multiple business cards to Outlook in a single attempt.
- Supports orphan, damaged, password-protected contact files.
- Can import all attributes and fields of the source files.
- Capable of converting business cards to various formats.
- Compatible with all vCard versions i.e., 2.1, 3.0, 4.0.
- Supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc.
Steps for Importing Business Card to Outlook
The procedure to perform this task is very simple and is shown below:
1. Download the SysTools vCard Importer Tool on your system and install it. Launch this software and click on Add File/Folder button.
2. You can now preview all of the data of files imported into the tool.
3. In the next screen, choose the destination i.e., existing data file, new data file, or default Outlook profile.
4. Now, hit the Export button to continue the conversion process.
This method successfully converts the source files into Outlook data files. To import them into Outlook, use the following steps:
- Run Outlook & select the File option.
- Select “Open & Export” > “Import/Export” option.
- Choose “Import a vCard file (.vcf) > Next.
- Now, browse the business cards from your system & hit open.
- Then, select the contacts folder to import this list.
- When prompted, match the custom fields & click on Finish
Manually Import Business Card to Outlook
You must use the Import/Export wizard to migrate your business cards into MS Outlook as mentioned above. However, there are certain limitations to this process such as the inability to import multiple files in a single attempt. Another one is the need to match the custom fields of these contacts manually which is a time-consuming process.
In this article, we discussed how you can import business card to Outlook in the simplest ways possible. You must follow the methods mentioned above correctly depending upon your needs and requirements. If you want fast service without risking your data, then you must choose the former automatic method that is specialized in such migration process and provides great results.