How to Consolidate PST Files Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010? – Free Manual Guide
Are you looking for a solution to consolidate PST files Outlook 2010? If your answer is Yes, then this blog will guide you through the methods to consolidate multiple PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, etc. So read the entire blog and you will get the fruitful solution.
Outlook users have several accounts for storing their email messages. However, if they have large number of PST files, it is difficult to manage. To manage and avoid data corruption issues, the solution consists of a single PST file. Here is how to merge PST files without losing data is the big question. Before going through the solution, the first thing you should know is why it is important to consolidate Outlook data files.
Why PST File Consolidation Important?
- When the user is combing their old accounts, he/she need to merge their all PSTs into one file.
- To create a backup, the best option is to consolidate all PSTs into a single one.
- If users want to move to a different service or email client, merging is useful for easy migration.
- A single PTS file can be helpful for sharing and handling without loss.
Consolidate Multiple PST Files into One Quickly
The manual method to consolidate PST files Outlook 2010 is quite complex and includes several steps. If you want to save your time and prevent corruption issues, you can use the Outlook PST Merge Tool. This is a professional solution which enables users to consolidate Outlook data files into one including emails, contacts, calendars, etc. It has option to remove duplicates from emails, contacts, calendar, etc. The software is capable enough to merge ANSI and UNICODE type PST into a single one.
Steps to consolidate PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 are as follows;
Step 1. Download and Run the PST file merge software.
Step 2. Click Add File or Folders to load .pst files.
Step 3. Select option whether you want to merge or join PST files.
Step 4. Choose merge data in New PST, Existing PST or Outlook Profile.
Step 5. Select Outlook mailbox items and click on the Next button.
Additional Features of PST File Merge Tool
The software offers several features that make it possible for the users to consolidate multiple PST files into one. Here are some of them:
- Merge Outlook data files with calendars, emails, contacts, notes, tasks, etc.
- Provides join option to join two PST files by creating a new folder for joined files
- Merge option enables you to merge similar folders like inbox into a single inbox
- Advanced option to exclude or include junk folder and delete items while consolidation
- Remove duplicates from emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes and journals
- Option to split large sized PST files into small size while consolidating PST files into one
Consolidate PST Files in Outlook Manually
There is no direct manual method to consolidate multiple PST files into one. It is a two-step process:
Step 1: Make a New Outlook PST File
- Open Outlook application on your system.
- Click on Home >> New Items >> More Items >> Outlook Data File
- Select a location to save the newly created file.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Import PSTs to New PST File
- Open Outlook and click on the File tab
- Click on Open & Export >> Import/Export
- Choose Import from another program or file and hit Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Browse the PST file to import and then click Next.
- Select required options as per your needs.
- Select the folder you want to import and also check include-subfolders.
- Click Finish button.
The import of the old PST file has been completed successfully. However, you need to repeat step 2 for each PST file to import in new PST file.
Limitations: The manual process above is quite lengthy and complicated. You need do all the steps carefully for clean results and repeat the import steps to import each file. If you want a quick fix and avoid data loss or corruption issues, you can use the alternative solution mentioned in the next section.
For Outlook data management, multiple PST files need to be consolidated into one to avoid corruption problems. Here we have explained the two methods that can be used to consolidate PST files Outlook. The manual method can be difficult and confusing for beginners. This is why we also suggested the PST file merger tool. This way, you can consolidate multiple PST files in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and others. You can also try the free trial version to check its performance.