Export Contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook – Best Techniques
Outlook Express is a free email client which was launched by Microsoft. But according to today’s generation, the Outlook Express application became old and outdated. And the application save the data in DBX file extension only, That’s why Microsoft doesn’t solve any errors or bugs of the Outlook Express email client. But, Microsoft has launched a new and free email application named MS Outlook. It has many advanced facilities like the data is stored in emails, tasks, notes, contacts, etc. And MS Outlook saves the data in PST file format. So, most of the users try to export contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook.
In this write-up, we will be discussing the multiple techniques to export Outlook Express contacts. Both the manual as well as the automated approach will be discussed. You can stay connected till the end to know the different methods to move contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook.
Table of Contents
- Automated Approach to Export Contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook
- Manually Export Outlook Express Contacts
Professionally Export Contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook
Users can use the DBX to PST Converter Tool to move contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook. Non-technical users can use this software because it does not require any advanced technical knowledge. Users can safely export Outlook Express contacts using this tool. So, let’s check out the working of the tool:-
- Download and run the “DBX Converter Software” on yo ur system.
- Use the “Add File” option to insert the DBX files in the software panel.
- Select the “Use Folder Mode” checkbox to insert some specific folder.
- Click on the “PST” button under the “Export Type” segment and click on the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Now, select a date range and choose the size of PST documents.
- After using the advanced settings, click on the “Save” button.
- Finally, click on the “Export” option to export contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook.
- In the end, the software panel will show a message as “Export Process Completed Successfully”.
Prominent Features of DBX Converter Software
- Users can easily export DBX files to PST, PDF, MBOX, EML, and MSG file formats
- MS Outlook installation is not compulsory
- The tool allows to export attachments with every email safely
- Gives multiple naming conventions to export Outlook Express contacts
- Helps to move the DBX files to Outlook in bulk
- Use the date range feature to filter out the data
- File structure hierarchy is always maintained
- Gives an option to split large PST files
- Compatible with Windows 10 and MS Outlook
These are some of the advanced features of the DBX Converter tool. Now, let’s check out the manual approach.
You may also love to read: If you are looking a way to convert Outlook Express to Outlook. Then, you can check out the interlinked post for good.
Manually Export Outlook Express Contacts to Outlook
Go through the steps discussed below to easily export Outlook Express contacts:-
Step 1:- Export Outlook Express Data into DBX File Format
- Firstly, the user needs to download and run the MS Outlook application.
- Open the MS Outlook application and go to the Tools >> Options.
- Click on the “Maintenance Tab” and select the “Store Folder” option.
- Now, copy the path of “Store Folder”
- Go and open the File Explorer, and here paste the copied path and store the files.
- In the end, paste the files on the new machine.
Note:- You can simply jump on to the next step if you have the files in the DBX file extension.
Step 2:- Import Outlook Express DBX to Windows Live Mail Application(WLM)
- Open the (WLM) Windows Live Mail Application and go to the “File” option.
- Now, click on the “Import Messages” button.
- Browse the folder containing DBX files and select the DBX files which you want to export.
- After selecting the DBX documents, select the “Import” button.
- At last, hit the “Exit” button.
Step 3:- Export Data from WLM to MS Outlook Application
- Go to the Windows Live Mail application, click on the File >> Export >> Message Tab buttons.
- Hit the “Exchange Tab” option.
- Choose the data to transfer from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook application
- At last, click on the “Exit” button.
Step 4:- Import PST File into MS Outlook Application
- Firstly, open the MS Outlook and hit File >> Import-Export option.
- Search for the folder where you need to save PST files.
- In the end, click on the “OK” option and you have exported contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook.
Tip:- Go through the manual process. And perform the steps carefully to avoid data loss issues.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Technical knowledge is required to use manual procedures.
- The manual process is time-consuming and lengthy.
- This process is tricky and a bit confusing to use.
- Users can also lose their data using this method.
In the above blog, we have discussed different methods to export contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook. Users can go with the manual as well as a professional method to move contacts from Outlook Express to Outlook.
But the manual methods have some drawbacks which we have discussed above. So, to overcome those limitations, users can go with the professional technique.