Ways to Auto Backup OST File Periodically
Summary: In this article, we are going to talk about possible ways to auto backup OST file periodically. For complete information, the user can read this article, in case of OST file corruption issues try the expert solution.
As should be obvious, the entirety of the items of your Exchange account mailbox is stored in an offline storage table file (OST file). Even though it has its preferences, it despite everything has numerous disadvantages. For example, it can get inaccessible in many circumstances. By then, you will put attempts to repair it. Be that as it may, Outlook also gives an inbuilt PST repair utility – Scanpst.exe, sometimes it also becomes unable to repair the OST file. In this way, so as to maintain a strategic distance from data loss attributable to OST corrupt, you would be wise to back up your OST file occasionally. Presently, we will acquaint you with the ways to auto backup OST periodically.
Note: Try Expert Solution to instant backup OST file mailbox data such as emails, contacts, calendars to Outlook PST format easily.
Know the Methods to Auto Backup OST File Periodically
- Use “AutoArchive” Feature
As we as a whole know, Outlook accompanies a local “AutoArchive” feature. Even though it is committed to clean up items and decrease mailbox size rather than intended for data backups, you can use it to accomplish automatic OST backup. In “AutoArchive“, you have two selectable ways to deal with it.
- One is to customize “AutoArchive” for folders. You can right-click any folder in the OST file and pick “Properties“. In the new popup box, change to the “AutoArchive” tab and afterward modify settings from your own preference.
- The other one is to initially set the OST file as the default Outlook data file.
- Now, go to File>Options>Advanced. Next, find and hit the “AutoArchive Settings” button. In the resulting pop-up box, you can determine the settings freely.
By this implies, the old items will be expelled from the source OST file and moved to the file PST file. If what you need is to just copy the items to a PST file, despite everything keeping them in the OST file, perhaps the accompanying strategy is vastly better for you.
- Use Task Reminder and Outlook VBA
- To begin with, make another recurring Task.
- Create the name of the task as “Backup OST“.
- Enable a recurrence for this task on-premise of how regularly you need to back up your OST file.
- At that point set a reminder for this task, which will choose when to back up the file.
- After getting such a task, you can squeeze the “Alt + F11” key.
- At that point, you will get to the Outlook VBA editor.
- Next, copy the accompanying VBA codes into the “ThisOutlookSession” project.
- From that point forward, sign this code.
- Later guarantee Outlook enables carefully signed macros.
- Each time the recurring task update pops up, the macro will run naturally to back up your OST file to another PST file.
- You can discover these PST backup files in the predefined local folder.
What to do If Your OST Files Become Orphaned?
At the point when the Exchange server crashes or you can’t get to your account as ordinary, your OST file will get orphaned. In other words, you will be not able to get to it. For this situation, if you’ve backed up your OST file, you can without much of effort use the PST backup file. In any case, if there isn’t such a recent and legitimate backup, you despite everything can turn to a trustworthy and very much demonstrated third-party tool, such as Quickdata Convert OST to PST Software. It can recover all OST file errors and convert it into PST file easily so that you can import the PST file using Outlook Import/Export wizard.
Also Read: The user can read this blog to fix hotmail.com ost cannot be opened issue.
As we know that Outlook is used by many clients and organizations to store mailbox items such as Emails, Calendars, Tasks, etc. But, to avoid error and data loss it is also good to make backups periodically. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed the ways to auto backup your OST file periodically. Moreover, if the OST file is orphaned and you don’t have any backup then, the best way to repair the OST file is to use automated software.