Thinking about changing your primary domain? Then probably you are trying to transfer your organizational data with you. Here, in this article, we are gonna explain two solutions to effortlessly transfer Google Workspace data to another domain without any hurdle.
Generally, many Google experts recommend data migration service for data transfer. However, that solution only good for transferring emails between Google Workspace accounts or domains. It only provides the facility to transfer email and the rest of the organization’s data needs to be transferred manually with other means.
This is why the requirement for a third-party solution comes into the picture. There are automated solutions such as the Google Workspace migration tool that allows transferring complete data between Google Workspace accounts or domains.
Read both the solutions carefully and pick the one that best suited for your organization’s data transfer requirement. For comparison, we are listing the working steps and advantages of both methods over each other.
The data migration service option in Google Workspace Admin Center allows administrators to manipulate/transfer data. Here, you need to login into the destination Google Workspace domain and initiate the data migration service for data transfer. Follow the steps below to transfer Google Workspace data to another domain:
1. First open Google Workspace admin console and choose “Data Migration” tab.
2. In next window, click on the “SETUP DATA MIGRATION SERVICE” link to proceed.
3. From the Source tab, select the source as “Google Workspace”. Once selected, all the other fields will hide, and then click on Next Step button below.
4. To transfer data from a particular date, set the date filter. After that, click on checkbox to include/exclude particular mailbox data transfer.
5. In the User selection tab, click on “Add Users” / “Bulk Upload CSV” for mapping source and destination domain user accounts.
6. Finally, click on “Start Migration” button to initiate the data transfer.
If you aren’t satisfied with the manual data transfer process due to its shortcoming, then you can take the help of an automated Google Workspace migration tool. Using it you can simultaneously transfer emails, contacts, documents, and calendars to a new domain. Moreover, you can set date filters for transferring particular date-range data.
Apart from these, there are many more benefits of using this automated tool such as:
Note: To know the working steps of an automated tool to transfer Google Workspace to a new domain, then click here.
This article demonstrates the best ways to transfer Google Workspace to another domain. Here, we have provided two solutions for successful data transfer between the Google Workspace domain. Choose the method that suits your business requirement. For testing of automated tools, choose the demo version from the Activation tab of the tool. The free demo version provides free 2 user licenses for complete data migration without any restrictions.