How to Read .nsf Files Without Lotus Notes | Know Here
As we all know, it is quite impossible to open any file without the appropriate software. The same event occurs in front of a large number of Lotus Notes users. Now, before writing this write-up, we did research on the issue and observed that many Lotus Notes users are seeking a way to read .nsf files without Lotus Notes.
So, if you are one of those people who is seeking a technique to read Lotus Notes files without Lotus Notes, this blog will be extremely useful to you. We’ll show how to read Lotus Notes NSF files without Lotus Notes in this article.
Lotus Notes, as we all know, is an enterprise-level email client that is widely regarded as one of the most secure email applications. That’s why they didn’t make a way for other email clients to open NSF files. However, we will go through the two best ways to view NSF files without Lotus Notes in this post. But, before we go into the strategy, let’s go through why we’re doing it.
Reasons Users Want to Read .nsf Files Without Lotus Notes
There are various reasons for this query, but we will look at some of the most significant ones in this section:
- The first main reason for accessing the NSF file without Lotus Notes is OS migration; if you are transferring from one operating system to another, this conversion will be required.
- Many users are required to share emails with individuals who do not use Lotus Notes.
- Access the critical information at any time, from any location, without the need for any software.
A Free Alternative to Lotus Notes for Reading NSF Files
NSF is a Lotus Notes associated file, as previously told. To open a Lotus Notes NSF file without Lotus Notes, you must first convert the NSF file to a format that can be opened in another email client. Now, if you wish to do this task for free, we’ll go through how to do so in this section.
However, before you use this method, keep in mind that you can only manually convert NSF files to EML. Because Lotus Notes only provides a single method for exporting emails, EML is the only option.
Let us now look at how to export Lotus Notes emails to EML without further ado.
1. To start, open the Lotus Notes software on your computer.
2. Select the File option from the top menu bar.
3. From the menu, select the Save As option.
4. Select the location where you wish to save the NSF file to EML.
5. Then, to complete the process, click the Save button.
After you’ve exported all of your Lotus Notes emails, you can easily import them into any email client to read. Because EML is a file format that is supported by the vast majority of email clients.
The Best Way to Read NSF Files Without Lotus Notes
As previously suggested, the manual method only saves Lotus Notes in EML file format and only saves one email at a time. As a result, this treatment takes a long time.
So, to make things easier, we’ll provide one of the most reliable alternatives for mass exporting NSF files in this section. The NSF Converter Tool allows you to save Lotus Notes in different file formats such as EML, MSG, MBOX, PDF vCard, ICS, and HTML. So, with the help of this application, you may read.nsf files without Lotus Notes.
You may also use this tool to upload files directly from the Domino server. This application can also preserve the Internet Header, HTML Formatting, and Filter Hierarchy.
Let’s have a look at how the program works now.
1. First, download and install the software on your computer.
2. After the download is complete, launch the tool and select the Select NSF File radio option and Add Files or Add Folder.
4. Now, from the following box, select the file format that best suits your needs.
5. Choose from Categories such as Mail, Calendar, and Contacts.
6. Select the Advance Conversion Option based on your needs.
7. After that, select a location to save the converted NSF file.
8. Finally, click the Export option to begin the procedure.
Many users are seeking a way to read NSF files that do not require Lotus Notes. As a result, we’ve explored the two finest methods for accomplishing this task in this post. We’ve gone through the manual and automatic techniques for reading Lotus Notes NSF files without Lotus Notes.