How Can I Transfer Files from Google Drive to OneDrive? Simple as ABC
“I have a lot of important data and I am looking for a solution to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive account, but can’t find a reliable solution? Then, we are here, with an appropriate solution to transfer G Drive data to OneDrive account in a seamless manner. Have a look:”
If any of the users want their data to be secured, OneDrive is what best draws everyone’s attention. Also, it has become the best cloud storage platform for business or enterprise customers. It is equipped with some of the core features, such as competitive pricing plans, advances syncing technologies, licensing for Office 365, enterprise-grade security, and other collaboration tools, etc. This is why users have started looking for solutions to import files from Google Drive to OneDrive via a reliable solution. Here in this blog, we will inform users how to transfer files from G Drive to Microsoft OneDrive.
Reasons to Choose Microsoft OneDrive
Users mainly need to import Google Drive files into OneDrive for large enterprises. As a reason, Microsoft OneDrive is great for business collaboration compared to Google Drive. Consider the following reasons why most people want to import to their OneDrive account:
- OneDrive does not compromise your storage space, but your Google account storage space is shared between Gmail, Google+, and G Drive.
- Unlike Google, which is completely browser-based, Microsoft Office has desktop applications.
- OneDrive has multiple pricing plans, as compared with Google which has a single fixed pricing plan.
- Microsoft’s Office platform is better known and popular than Google.
Thus, making the first choice amongst users.
Methods to Transfer Files from Google Drive to OneDrive
There are different manual techniques for transferring photos, videos, and documents from G Drive to OneDrive. The first approach uses the download options provided in Drive and another approach is Google Takeout for photo migration. Although there are some drawbacks when implementing manual methods. Similarly, uninterrupted, time-consuming connectivity in case of multiple files, once interrupted, the entire process to import files from Google Drive to OneDrive must start again.
Let’s look at another similar user query retrieved from the forum site.
“I am migrating my entire data from G Drive to OneDrive. Obviously, for that I need to convert all my Google Docs / Sheets files, etc. to Microsoft Office. I know I can go to Files and Download them to get the files individually, but is there a way to perform this transfer process in batch? Have Microsoft OneDrive users ever transferred from Google Drive? I would appreciate any sort of help!”
Best Approach to Import Google Drive to OneDrive
After considering the above scenarios, it is best to choose a trustworthy expert tool that can transfer G Drive files to OneDrive without data loss. Therefore, we highly recommend using a commercial solution, namely the G Drive to OneDrive Migrator tool. This is a great tool designed to transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive. The application is designed in a manner that makes it easy to use as it has a simple and interactive interface that even non-technical users can use.
Follow the steps mentioned below which will help you to transfer files from Google Drive to Microsoft OneDrive account. Please look at:
• Download and install G drive to OneDrive migration software.
• On the setup screen, select G Suite for Source and Office 365 for the destination to perform the migration process further.
• Scroll down the same screen further to make a workload selection. Choose category as Document.
• Next, enter the G Suite admin details and click Validate. Similarly, carefully enter your Office 365 admin account details.
• Select users to start the migration process by clicking on Start Migration.
Unique and Interesting Features of the Migration Tool
- Import files from G Drive to OneDrive for the Enterprise Level.
- Provides 3 permission types: Read, Write, and Comment.
- Render to perform Delta and concurrent migration.
- The transfer process can be stopped, paused, and resumed.
- Retains folder hierarchy throughout the transfer process.
- Allows transferring even the password-protected documents.
- Transfer Google Docs, Google Drawing, Google Slides, etc.
- Provide several Filtering options to perform selective G Drive to OneDrive migration.
Manual Techniques to Import G Drive Mailbox to OneDrive
Now, further moving to the approaches for importing data from G Drive to OneDrive account. We will first cover the manual methods to import Google Drive to OneDrive account.
Method 1: Download and Upload
This is the most traditional method to import files from Google Drive to OneDrive account. It is only feasible for less number of files. By using this method, users can import only one file at a time.
Step 1: Download your files from G Drive to your local hard drive.
Step 2: Then, upload these files to OneDrive.
Repeat the above steps until you have not imported all your Google Drive files to OneDrive.
Method 2: Import Certain Files
You can transfer files from G Drive to OneDrive using the “Share” feature of Cloud Drive. Even if you want to share target files one at a time or at once through a folder, you still need to go to the “Shared with me” folder and copy the target files to another folder. Then rename the target files one by one and keep them persistent.
Method 3: Archive Folders Via Google Takeout
Step 1. Log in to your Google account and open Google Takeout.
Step 2. On the Download, Your Data screen, under Select data to include, make sure Drive is enabled. Then click Next
Step 3. Select, Add to OneDrive, under “Delivery method”.
Step 4. Click Link Account and Create Archive to connect your OneDrive account and import files from Google Drive to OneDrive account.
The Final Verdict
There are so many similar user queries where the user wants to know “How can I transfer files from Google Drive to OneDrive?” Though, there are so many manual guaranteed solutions to do so. This is because each manual solution comes up with its own risks and disadvantages. Therefore, with all user requirements in mind, an expert solution to import files from G Drive to OneDrive is mentioned in this post.