How to Export DBX to PST in Trouble-Free Manner? Best Solutions
Microsoft launched both the Outlook Express and MS Outlook application. But the main difference in these applications is that Outlook Express saves the data in DBX file format and Outlook stores the files in PST file format. Outlook Express application is discontinued by Microsoft and does not support fixing any bug. MS Outlook is also an email client with more advanced features. So, do you want to export DBX to PST? Are you having any specific queries related to this? Yes, then don’t freak out! Most of the users want to export the DBX files to PST. So, in this write-up, we are going to discuss different ways to export Outlook Express to PST. Stay connected till the end.
Table of Contents
Introductory Guide to Export DBX to PST
DBX to PST Converter Software is one of the best tools to safely DBX to PST. This tool does not require any extra effort to export Outlook Express to PST. The user gets many advanced features to easily complete the exporting process. We have mentioned the step-by-step procedure below to use this tool:-
- Install the “DBX to PST Converter Software”
- Open the automated tool, go to the “Add File” option to add the DBX files in the software panel
- If you want to export any specified folder then check the “Use Folder Mode” checkbox
- Here, select the “PST” option as your export type and click on the “Advanced Settings” option
- In advance settings, you can split large PST files and filter out data using a date range filter
- Hit the “Save” button to save the advanced settings
- Finally, click on the “Export” option to export DBX to PST
- The software will display “Export Process Completed Successfully” when the procedure get complete
Prominent Features of Automated Tool
- Tool allows to export DBX to PST/ EML/ MSG/ MBOX/ PDF
- Supports saving emails with multiple attachments
- The software maintains the file structure hierarchy
- Allows exporting DBX files to PST format in bulk
- Tool does not require installation of MS Outlook
- Supports to scan and show the preview of DBX files
- Provides a feature to break down the large PST files
- Tool auto loads the DBX files
- Supports to keep the folder structure intact
- Compatible with Windows 10 and MS Outlook
- Provides different naming conventions feature
These are some of the advanced features of this automated tool. Now, we will discuss the manual method in the next section
Transfer DBX to PST Manually
We have discussed the automated tool above, users can opt for it to export DBX to PST. But, if you want to try the free methods then you can go through the below-mentioned steps:-
Step 1:- Search and Save Data in DBX File Format
- The first step is to download and open the MS Outlook application.
- Go the “Tools”, then “Options” and select the “Maintenance Tab”.
- Click on the “Store Folder” option and save the path somewhere.
- Now, paste the copied path into file explorer and hit the “Enter” button.
- You can save all the DB X files at any specific location.
- On the new system, paste the DBX files
Note:- You can skip this step, only if you already have the data in DBX files.
Step 2:- In Windows Live Mail Import the Outlook Express Files
- Download and Run the Windows Live Mail application on your PC.
- Go to File >> Import Messages.
- Here, search for the location where you have saved the Outlook Express DBX file and select the files.
- After selecting the files, hit the “Import” button.
- Now, just hit the “Exit” button.
Step 3:- Transfer Data from Windows Live Mail to MS Outlook
- Firstly, Open the Windows Live Mail Application again.
- Click on File Tab, then Export, and hit the Message Tab.
- After this, a dialog box will pop up, select “Exchange Tab”.
- Now, simply choose the data which you want to transfer from WLM to MS Outlook.
- Finally, hit the “Exit” button.
Step 4:- Add PST File to MS Outlook
- The first step is to open the MS Outlook application.
- Go to the “File Tab”.
- Apply the “Import-Export” feature to open the PST files.
- Select and open the folder where you have saved the PST files and click on the “OK” button.
- At last, you have successfully exported DBX files to PST.
This is the procedure of the manual method. You need to follow all the above steps in the correct order to export DBX to PST.
Drawbacks of Manual Method
- The manual approach consumes extra time and effort to export the DBX documents to PST.
- Does not provide any guarantee to safely export Outlook Express to PST.
- The file’s original structure can also get hampered, using manual solutions.
- Users should have good knowledge of technical skills to export DBX to PST.
- Data loss issues also occur in the manual approach.
In this write-up, we have discussed about multiple ways to export DBX to PST. You can use any of the above methods to export Outlook Express to PST. The manual method is free but it has some major limitations, so we have also mentioned the best automated tool to export the DBX to PST.